Community Bus Driver
Ultimately to The Mede Community Centre Management Committee and working with Admin/Receptionist re bookings.
· To drive up to 16 seat mini bus.
· To provide basic vehicle maintenance.
· To assist passengers in a safe and appropriate manner on and off the bus.
· To ensure vehicles are kept in a presentable and clean condition
· To attend appropriate training. (MIDAS mandatory)
· To help develop the growth of the service in response to the needs of the local community.
· To help promote and publicise the service to the local community.
· To ensure that all policies and procedures as directed by the Mede Centre Management Committee are implemented across all aspects of the project.
21+ with full clean current driving licence
· Minibus driving experience
· Ability to manage, organize and prioritise work for self and others
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work well as part of a team
· Physically fit and able to lift moderate loads
· D1 Entitlement on license
· Experience of dealing in an appropriate manner with all sectors of the community
· Reliability and flexibility
· Basic computer literacy
· Ability and preparedness to work unsociable hours, including
· Basic vehicle maintenance skills
· Experience of working or living within Knowle West
· Good written communication skills
Based at The Mede Community & Learning Centre.
35 hours per week.
Salary £9.00 per hour
30 days annual holiday entitlement.
Short listed applicant’s references will be taken up.
Appointment of successful applicants will be subject to references and an Enhanced CRB check.
Closing date Wednesday 26th June 2013 12.00
Interviews week commencing 1st July 2013