Website Graphic Designer / Developer–Leicester
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Due to recent expansion our client who is based in Leicester is currently seeking a Website Graphic Designer / Developer.
This position involves leading custom web design (foremost) with development skills throughout the entire project life cycle. You will experience the freedom to design custom web sites using your own leadership and development skills. Our in house programmers will be able to assist with any technical aspects that are required.
• Designing website concepts from client briefs
• Creation of site layout/user interface from design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
• Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content.
• Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
• Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
• Presentation of ideas to clients
• Assisting in gathering requirements and project specifications
• Attending project kick-off meetings with clients.
• Perform routine site maintenance as needed.
• Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic web designer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
Required Experience / Skills / Knowledge:
• A solid understanding of web design for the user experience
• Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading the design process to a completed and successful solution.
• Strong organisation skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
• Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
• Awareness and pride in 100% client satisfaction.
• Experienced knowledge of the Adobe suite of software.
• Copywriting skills
Any experience of the following would be highly desirable but not essential as training will be given:
• Silver Stripe CMS
• Silver Cart
• Any other frequently used web based products. (eg Joomla, Virtue Mart, Word Press)
To apply for this position email your CV to or call 01522 536020.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact you should your skill sets and experience match our client’s requirements. If you do not hear from us within seven days then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Guide £20k to £25K
Additional Information: We are looking to fill this position with immediate effect so applicants are advised to apply promptly.
How to apply
Interested candidates in the first instance should email their CV, current availability and salary expectations to:
Martin Wood at email@example.com
or write with your CV to:
FAO Martin Wood
Shape Creative Ltd
2 Silver Walk